Threats of Molds: Facts Revealed
Molds are everywhere. It may not be seen by your naked eyes but you are will not be so sure about their existence. Mold is a kind of fungi that grows from different spots. All of us are exposed from variety of molds that can affect our health.
How sure you are that your homes are free from any threats of molds? Let us now talk about how mold gets inside your homes and other premises.
Our idea about mold is that it grows naturally outdoors. Looking at the positive part, mold is a fungus that serves as earth’s most important recyclers. The only problem is that when a mold combined with water damage and exposed to prolonged humidity and dampness, that is the moment where mold now become a threat to one’s life.
Here are some of those common sources of indoor moisture that can lead to mold problems,
- Leak and damage roofs
- Broken pipes
- Poor management of rainwater drainage
- Process of condensation
When you observed the above mention scenario inside your homes and within your vicinity, then you need to make some immediate actions to solve the problems.
How to prevent molds growth?
Prevention is always better than any cure. It is better to do something early than suffering consequences. One way to prevent mold growth is to control excessive moisture and condensation. Since molds grow critically because of the presence of water damage and excessive moisture then you need to be at those points in the first place.
What are the top three factors that contribute in condensation of water resulting to mold?
- Poor Ventilation. If your place has a little access on air, there is a greater chance of an increased in condensation and mold growth. There are spots in our homes when there is a little supply of air the reason why that even though we keep on cleaning our place, molds existence is still there.
- Temperature Changes. More warm air means more moisture generated. If we will not be mindful about the temperature of our home, there will be a great chance of mold formation
- Relative Humidity. When air is saturated, condensation occurs resulting to situation where it can no longer hold any moisture. When there is condensation, then mold is the counterpart. In order to maintain humidity levels, used of dehumidifiers is advised.
If you are having a hard time dealing with molds you can have some help and learn more from experts.
Fun Guy Inspections is one of the leading companies that can sure help you resolve your mold problems.
There are lots of mold removal services that are present in your place but not all can give guaranteed service. Choose wisely! Choose Fun Guy Inspections. This is a company that perfectly designs to help you out to solve your mold problems. There were always solutions for every mold problem with Fun Guy Infections.
For more information, you can give them a call for a schedule service at (866) 674- 7541 or email them @ TestNow@funguyinspections.com or simply visit their page http://funguyinspections.com/
Mold plays an important role in nature. Mold breaks down dead organic matter, including fallen leaves, and speeds up the decomposition process so nutrients can return to the soil as quickly as possible.
But mold inside a home can be a formidable foe, triggering allergic reactions and increasing a person’s risk of developing respiratory problems. Mold can even cause damage to a home by attaching itself to wood and breaking down that wood.
Because the consequences of mold growth inside a home can be so dire, it’s important that men and women take steps to prevent mold growth in their homes and apartments. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency notes that controlling moisture levels in a home or apartment is the key to controlling mold as well.
Address spills quickly and properly.
Many instances of mold infestations can be traced to leaks or spills that were not quickly or properly addressed. The EPA advises that wet or damp materials or areas should be dried within 24 to 48 hours to prevent the growth of mold. Make sure spills are thoroughly cleaned as opposed to a cursory cleanup of only the areas visible to the naked eye. Inspect nearby crevices when spills occur to ensure the area where the spill happened and all surrounding areas vulnerable to mold growth are dry. In addition, fix leaky plumbing fixtures immediately, hiring a professional if necessary.
Inspect the ground surrounding your home.
Factors outside a home can sometimes contribute to mold growth within a home. Make sure the ground outside your home slopes away from the foundation. If the ground slopes toward your home, rainwater or runoff from sprinkler systems may direct water into your home, creating conditions favorable to mold growth inside. Gutters and downspouts also should be inspected to ensure they are working optimally. If not, they can contribute to water damage on the roof that can ultimately lead to mold growth.
Monitor indoor humidity.
The EPA advises that homeowners keep indoor humidity below 60 percent relative humidity, which can be measured with humidity meters available at many hardware stores. Homeowners who can keep indoor humidity at levels 30 to 50 percent below relative humidity might be even more successful at keeping indoor mold growth at bay.
Dry wet surfaces immediately.
Surfaces can become wet even if a home has no leaky fixtures and no spills have occurred. For example, the surfaces of bathroom walls, ceilings and floors get wet when a home’s inhabitants take hot baths or showers. That condensation is natural, but such surfaces are also susceptible to mold growth. Make sure to dry wet surfaces immediately, and keep exhaust fans on or windows open when bathing to decrease the likelihood of mold growth.
Mold growth can be detrimental to human beings and their homes. But many mold infestations are easily prevented.
Article Source: http://www.thesunchronicle.com/special_sections/bhg/how-to-prevent-mold-growth-in-your-home/article_d736de72-0283-11e7-a34c-778652c23deb.html
Admit it or not, a house with carpets is more visually pleasing to the eyes. It gives the impression of being classy, fashionable and trendy. Home improvement always includes having carpets in their list of suggestions, right? As a homeowner, it is completely understandable if you want to have carpets inside your home. But making your house more beautiful also comes with added responsibility. From cleaning to maintenance, you should know the basic things such as how to keep your carpets clean and how to protect them from damaging threats such as molds.
As they say, the best method to prevent molds from attacking your carpets is not to give them growth chance at all. So before anything else happens, here are some proven ways to prevent molds from growing in the first place.
- Alleviate the conditions of your home, both indoors and outdoors. But first, test the indoor humidity levels. With the help of dehumidifier tools, you can control the percentage of your household natural moisture down to 50%.
- Do not install carpets in parts of the house that are vulnerable to flooding or water intrusion. These areas are mostly the lower levels of your home such as the basement. And of course, common sense, never install carpets in your kitchen and bathroom. In case flooding occurred, all affected areas must be immediately dried and cleaned.
- Before carpet installation, make sure that the sub-flooring is completely dried.
- Schedule a regular cleaning routine for your carpets. Remember, you need to look not only at the bottom of your carpets or padding, but as well as the surface.
- If worse comes to worst and a part of your carpet was ruined by spills, moisture or flood, the best way is to cut the affected parts if you can’t replace it right away. But if majority of the carpet was affected, replacement is the best solution.
A single drop of water can spread along the fibers of your carpet quickly. That’s why threats like overflowing kitchen sinks, leaky roofs, and improper floor cleaning and washing of your carpets must also be looked upon. Keep in mind that molds can cause severe health symptoms such as lung infections, headache, nausea, flu like symptoms and lightheadedness. Molds should be one of the most unwelcomed visitors in your home. Better be safe than sorry with these simple prevention tips!
If mold growth has already invaded your home and is causing you headaches and troubles, you can always contact Fun Guy Inspection at 818-674-7541.