Mold Remediation – Inspection Concerns
It is a prime concern for Indoor Environmental Professionals addressing the possibility of Toxic Black contamination in a home apartment or office building to help determine where the growth is occurring. Determining the extent of mold contamination that has occurred is a prime public health concern.
Fun Guy Inspection & Consulting LLC is dedicated to helping you along this process by providing you with mold testing and sampling your mold remediation enclosure to ensure your mold remediation process has been completed.
Fun Guy Certified Mold Inspector – Acquires indoor and outdoor mold samples. Picture Left[/dcs_two_third_last] [dcs_clearboth h=”20″] [dcs_one_third]
American Board of Industrial Hygiene – Mold Remediation Guidelines
(Mold Process) Remediation of Microbial Contamination
“When prevention of mold growth has failed and visible microbial (mold) growth has occurred in a building, restoration requires:
- Removal of porous materials showing extensive microbial growth.
- Physical removal of surface microbial growth on non-porous materials to typical background levels, and
- 3. Reduction of moisture to levels that do not support microbial growth. Bioaerosols, Chapter 15.1.
Removing Existing Contamination[dcs_ul_ring color=”green”]
- Use a proper containment
- Containments include a Critical Barrier, Negative pressure Machine, Decontamination Unit, area cleaning and Judging Remediation Effectiveness.
- Use appropriate PPE – Personal Protective Equipment
- Remove Extensive microbial growth.
Judging Remediation Effectiveness[dcs_ul_ring color=”green”]
- The ultimate goal of remediation is to provide the ability for occupants to return back to the space without complaints.
- Following mold remediation the concentrations of biological agents should be similar to those found outdoors.
BioAerosols – Picture Left[/dcs_two_third_last] [dcs_clearboth h=”20″] [dcs_one_third]
City of Los Angeles – Mold Remediation Guidelines
City of Los Angeles
The City of Los Angeles document focuses on education, prevention and identification of water damaged materials before and after mold growth. The primary timeline for action is within 24-48 hours from the initial water intrusion.[dcs_ul_ring color=”green”]
- Table 1: Summary of Water Damage Clean up and mold prevention.
- Table 2: Guidelines for Remediating building materials with Mold Growth by clean water.
Cleanup Methods:[dcs_ul_ring color=”green”]
- Wet vac the water,
- Wipe with detergent and water
- Remove materials
Personal Protective Equipment
Gloves, Respirator, goggles, foot coverings, full body clothing, HEPA Filters
Poly sheeting & negative pressure.
Final air sampling is required in all projects over 100 sq feet.
“The simplest and most expedient remediation that properly and safely removes fungal growth from buildings should be used. In all situations, the underlying cause of water accumulation must be rectified or the fungal growth will recur. Emphasis should be placed on preventing contamination through proper building maintenance and prompt repair of water damaged areas (Pg 12).
Guidelines for Assessment & Remediation of Mold, April, 2005 – Left[/dcs_two_third_last] [dcs_clearboth h=”20″] [dcs_one_third]
EPA – Environmental Protection Agency – Mold Remediation Guidelines
Mold remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings
This document includes measures to protect health and safety, designed for those responsible for schools and commercial buildings. This item contains:[dcs_ul_ring color=”green”]
- Back ground information on water damage, mold (history, controling humidity, building design, and ventilation.
- Moisture Prevention – fix plumbing, manage condensation, maintain heater-a/c, vent appliances, perform routine inspections.
- Mold Remediation – Fix or repair the water source – Completley cleanup mold and dry water damaged areas.
- Table 1 presents strategies to respond to water damage within 24-48 hours.
- Mold Remediation Guidelines
- Cleanup Methods – Wet Vac – Damp Wipe – HEPA Vac – Discard Mold Damaged Materials –
- Personal Protective Equipment – Respirators, Skin & Eye Protection
- Containment – Poly & Exhaust System (negative air)
- Equipment – Moisture meters & Mold Sampling Pumps
- How do you know when you are finished with the mold cleanup procedure?
- Mold Remediation Checklist.
EPA Mold Remediation in Schools and Commercial Buildings – Left[/dcs_two_third_last] [dcs_clearboth h=”20″] [dcs_one_half] [dcs_bigbtn url=”https://funguyinspections.com/free-mold-facts/contact-us/” float=”left” hcolor=”#3399CC” margin=”0px 0px 0px 10px”]Call (866) 674-7541 Now! [/dcs_bigbtn] [dcs_one_half] [dcs_one_half_last]
Thank you for visiting our web site. We look forward to hearing from you.[/dcs_one_half_last] [dcs_clearboth h=”20″]
Mold Removal Companies- FunGuy Inspection & Consulting LLC – Los Angeles, Ca
Advanced Environmental 23470 Hawthorne Blvd Ste. 104, Torrance, CA 90505. 310.378.6347 email@example.com www.moldwhatnow.com/ At Advanced Environmental we have strong work ethic and commitment, high standards of workmanship and dedication to each project, along with affordable prices we have established our company as the leading company for Property Damage Restoration and Cleanup. Better Business Bureau rated us with the highest “AAA” rating in the industry..
BIP Water & Fire Damage 818.568.5389 firstname.lastname@example.org www.bipemergency.com/ With fifteen years of experience, we have performed every type of abatement across a wide range of projects; residential, industrial, commercial and demolition.
Controlled Environmental Solutions, CES 14736 Arminta St., Van Nuys, CA 91402. 800.646.6226 email@example.com www.cesasbestos.com/ With fifteen years of experience, we have performed every type of abatement across a wide range of projects; residential, industrial, commercial and demolition.
American Technologies 9701 Topanga Canyon Place, Chatsworth, CA 91311 & 8444 Miralani Dr., San Diego, CA 92126. (818) 700-5060 http://www.amer-tech.com/ Since American Technologies, Inc. was established in 1989, we have grown into a leader in comprehensive disaster recovery services in the Western U.S. Currently, we have a combined staff of over 600 restoration, remediation and environmental specialists in 10 offices located throughout California as well as Phoenix, AZ and Las Vegas, NV. Our crews are professionally trained and armed with state-of-the-art equipment to handle.
Alliance Environmental, 680 Flinn AVe. Unit 32, Moorpark, CA 93021 888-314-3300 www.alliance-enviro.com We provide safe, efficient, clean and high quality services to our customers and partners. In our fast-changing communities, we work together as a group for a safe environment and offer our customers innovative solutions.[dcs_clearboth]
Providing Mold Inspection Services in the Los Angeles area including: Mold Inspections Brentwood, Mold Inspector Santa Monica, Mold Remediation Culver City, Mold Mar Vista, Mold Inspect Venice Beach, Mold Inspection Malibu, Mold Inspect Thousand Oaks, Mold Inspector Ventura, Mold Calabasas, Las Virgenes, Inspection Mold Woodland Hills, Mold Inspector Encino, Mold Inspection Sherman Oaks, Inspect Mold Van Nuys, North Hollywood, Hollywood, Mold Inspect Beverly Hills, Mold Miracle Mile, Mold Inspector Hancock Park, Inglewood, Mold Inspect Marina Del Rey and Playa Del Rey, Mold Remediation Los Angeles, Mold Inspection San Diego.[dcs_clearboth]
People exposed to black and toxic mold have reported many symptoms, including, but not limited to:
* Headaches *Wheezing *Nose Bleeds *Fatigue *Memory Loss *Stuffy Noses *Sore Eyes *Dizziness *Sore Throat *Coughing *Sneezing *Respiratory Ailments *Asthma *Skin Irritations *Breathlessness *Runny Nose *Horseness *Inflammation of the Sinuses *Blurred Vision *Burning Eyes *Dry Cough