We find the hidden mold within your ceilings and walls.
Leaky Roof: One of the Main Causes of Mold Growth
Are you getting tired of always grabbing a bucket when it rains? Are you frustrated with your darkening ceiling and wall paints? Is your leaky roof damaging major parts of your home? Well, you’re not alone. Many households are experiencing this common problem. You may think that this is just some simple problem with the building structure. Unfortunately, this common problem can lead to many serious problems and damages.
- However, if you are not yet experiencing this and you want to prevent this from happening, it is important to be knowledgeable about how you can recognize this problem. So, you may have asked yourself, how would I know if my roof is leaking?What are the common signs of a leaking roof?It is better to immediately find out if your roof is leaking than to risk any further damage in the future. We have listed the most common signs of roof leaks:
- Water leaking or seepage when raining or when snow is melting
- Discoloration of walls and ceilings
- Wood decay in the attic
- Unpleasant smell in the attic
- Darkened ceiling and paint
- Peeling paint around skylights and dormer windows
- Cracking, peeling and bubbled plaster
- Mold on attic, ceiling, and chimney
If you are experiencing some or all these signs, then you must immediately have this fixed. It is because mold growth can impose risks not only for your home but also for your family’s health.
What could be the effects of a leaky roof to my family’s health and to my home?
If your leaking roof was left unfixed, this may gradually damage your house. Water leaks may penetrate through the foundation of your house which may pose a risk of short circuits and electric conflicts. Additionally, this moisture build-up may cause mold to grow which in result, can cause serious health problems. Here are some effects of mold growth in your home:
Molds can cause respiratory problems.
People with weak immune system and chronic lung illnesses may be susceptible to respiratory problems like nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing. For people with allergies, these may cause more serious reactions.
This can cause eye and skin irritation.
Some people are allergic to molds, so this may cause eye and skin irritation. Prolonged exposure to molds can also weaken the immune system, causing the body to be more sensitive to health threats.
Molds can damage your house and its structure.
The growth of mold can cause serious problems in several parts of your home. Molds feed on organic matter like wood so this may destroy your walls, ceilings, and attics. This may also cause the paints to get discolored and peeled.
How Does Roof Leaks Boost Mold Growth?
When water seeps through your roof and the moisture builds up, mold spores begin to develop on the moist surface. This can start for as early as 48 hours especially when water and food such as any organic matter like wood are present. This may then spread through your ceiling down to your walls that may discolor through time.
Our homes are important to us for we see this as our safe haven. This is where we feel comfort and security so we do all measures to keep it clean and safe by fixing your roof leaks. It is important that we eliminate all the problems that may threaten our lives to protect our homes – the sanctuary of our happiness and memories.
Contact Us Today!
If You Believe You Have Mold In Your Home Call Now!