With the upcoming Halloween events around the corner, FunGuy Inspections would like to remind parents, children, and motorists to remain alert and keep safety a top priority during this Halloween season. While we will have extra officers on the streets and in our neighborhoods on Halloween Night, it is important to take note of the safety tips we have provided below.
Trick or Treat Date/Times:
- Friday, October 31st 6:00PM-8:00PM
Motorist Safety Tips:
- Motorists are asked to drive with an abundance of caution and travel at a reduced speed in residential areas.
- Many children and adults will be walking through residential areas and depending on the availability of sidewalks, may be near or on the roadway.
- Be aware of children inadvertently darting across the street in the path of vehicles.
Trick or Treating Safety Tips:
- Children should NEVER go Trick or Treating alone. They should be with a parent/guardian, or a group of friends at all times.
- Stay off of main roadways.
- Costumes should fit properly, with no loose/hanging items.
- Consider face paint instead of masks as they can obstruct a child’s vision.
- Trick or Treaters should carry a flashlight at all times.
- Utilize glow sticks and/or reflective tape/material attached to costumes and bags for added visibility.
- Before crossing the street, always look in both directions twice to make sure no vehicles are coming.
- Inspect all candy to ensure it is not tampered with, prior to consuming it.