What causes mold to grow in homes?
There are a few things that can cause mold to grow in homes during mold season.
- The weather — Mold loves moisture, so warm, humid weather is ideal for mold growth.
- Flooding — If your home has been flooded, dry it out quickly to prevent mold from growing.
- Leaky pipes or roofs — If you have a leak in your home, get the leaks fixed as soon as possible.
- Damp clothing or towels — Don’t leave damp clothing or towels lying around, as mold can grow on them.
- Poor home ventilation — If your home isn’t well-ventilated, mold can grow more quickly.
- Wet basements — Basements are prone to mold growth, so make sure they’re well-ventilated and dry.
Remember, mold can start growing within 48 hours of a water damage problem. Thus, get the mold removed as fast as possible to avoid extensive mold issues.