Baby bella mushrooms are stuffed with garlicky, herby breadcrumbs and plenty of cheese. They make for an easy appetizer or a simple side dish. Stuff them ahead of time and bake them off when you’re ready.
Cooking spray, for pan
1 1/2 lb. baby mushrooms
2 tbsp. butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 c. breadcrumbs
Freshly ground black pepper
1/4 c. freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for topping
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 tbsp. freshly chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
1 tbsp. freshly chopped thyme
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray. Remove stems from mushrooms and roughly chop stems. Place mushroom caps on baking sheet.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped mushrooms stems and cook until most of the moisture is out, 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute then add breadcrumbs and let toast slightly, 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- In a large bowl mix together mushroom stem mixture, Parmesan, cream cheese, parsley, and thyme. Season with salt and pepper. Fill mushroom caps with filling and sprinkle with more Parmesan.
- Bake until mushrooms are soft and the tops are golden, 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley to serve.
Click for more mushroom recipes: 40 Best Mushroom Recipes – Easy Stuffed Mushroom Ideas (delish.com)