Some good ways to irrigate your lawn are having a sprinkler connected to a water hose or system of multiple water pipelines which can be automatically controlled. This latter is the traditional way and seems to be a more convenient and no-hassle system. More homeowners rely on this water irrigation system thinking it works well with the trees, shrubs, and ornamentals in the garden, lawn, or yard. However, the overuse of sprinklers make it susceptible to different problems such as insects, weeds, moisture, fungi, and mold.
Effects of mold in your home due to overuse of water sprinklers:
- Overuse water sprinkler creates a spawning pool
No matter how small the pool of water left undistributed in your lawn is, count only a few days and this can produce and increase mold. This can also result in bigger problems for it can be a breeding ground of insects that may bring illness and diseases.
- Surfaces in the yard may become wet and slippery
Mold and other organisms can thrive in damp conditions which lets them grow and become slippery. The risk of the accident is significant.
- Dead plants
Can’t find the reason why your plants are getting sick and dying? Check your yard. If its surface is covered by mold it can block the nourishment that your plants are supposed to receive.
- Unattractive lawn surface for your family and pets
Imagine having your yard soaked from water and mold visibly present. It looks very unattractive and can also result in a danger for your family and pets, as it can remain on carpets and floors once these dirt and molds are carried in by paws and shoes.
- Mold growth may come inside your home
If your outside walls continue getting wet from a water sprinkler system, the inside walls and materials may get wet too. This can cause unpleasant smells and water stains inside your home. When this is not treated and properly dried, mold and other bacteria can easily grow.
How to avoid getting mold:
- Properly maintain your water sprinkler system
- Wet materials need to be dried quickly
- Keep mold off your plants
- Make sure sprinklers are not directly on your home
- Prevent moisture with proper ventilation
- Detox your home by using humidifiers
Water sprinkler systems provide us a wonderful convenience with our busy daily lives. They let us have the power to irrigate our lawn with just a spin of the faucet or turn of a switch. However, overuse of sprinklers can result in bigger problems if not managed properly, mold problems can quickly occur and may cause serious respiratory health issues for your family. If you have a mold problem brewing around your home, contact FunGuy Inspections.
www.funguyinspections.com 818-674-7541 or 800-674-7541
Leave a Reply